Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Eyebrows on Fleek

Eyebrows are so important. If I could put makeup on one part of my face, it would be my eyebrows. I know what your thinking, really Nina? Eyebrows? YES eyebrows. A lot of people put on makeup and forget to fill in their eyebrows and that can change a look from hot to not. Eyebrows are the essential item for creating a structured face look and yet it’s the most underrated part when it comes to putting on makeup.

Eyebrows outline your face shape and give it structure. It brings more dimension to your face to make it more 3-D. Since most eyebrows are darker than a person’s skin color, it also can bring more contrast to one person’s face with light and dark. That being said, eyebrows can really make or break the makeup look.



So how to do your eyebrows so they can look “on fleek?” Simple. First be sure trim or groom your eyebrows to the desired look you want them to be. Whether you want to have a high arc, straight, thick, or thin eyebrows, that’s up to you! You can either use tweezers, mini shavers, or even go to get them done. After you achieved the desired look you want them to be, then you can fill them in! I recommend using a powder eyeshadow to fill them in because it doesn’t harsh line like a pencil would. To choose the perfect color for your eyebrows, just choose a color that’s 2 shades darker then your hair. If your hair is dark, say brown or black, choose a color that’s 2 shades lighter then your hair color. I like to use a dark brown to fill my eyebrows in because I like my eyebrow color to be slightly darker.

Begin filling in your eyebrows from the bottom of the eyebrow. First outline the shape of your eyebrow then continue to fill up from it. Use light strokes across your eyebrow to create the most natural look. Once they are filled in to your liking, use a spoolie to brush it out to create a more natural look. If you want to take a step further, use a brow gel like Benefit’s“Gimme Brow” to seal in the hairs and provide more color.


If you haven’t tried out filling in your eyebrows, I advise, no beg, you to try it out. At first, I was hesitant to fill out my eyebrows thinking the effect wouldn’t be that great, but now I can’t stop. Of course, if you already have thick, perfect looking eyebrows, then you already live the perfect life and never have to do your eyebrows. But for my other non-perfect eyebrows ladies, try it out!

Picture: http://www.keikolynn.com/2013/11/makeup-monday-how-to-get-perfect-brows.html

No comments:

Post a Comment