Sunday, May 3, 2015

Clean and Polished

There are some days when you want to go to school in sweats and a sweatshirt and call it good. Trust me, I know how it feels to stay up till midnight finishing homework and then waking up at 6am to get ready for school. While, I don’t think you need to spend an hour everyday getting ready for school, I do think looking clean and polished is important.

I don’t agree with students with wear pajamas to school (I mean unless it’s Pajama day at school). A school is a public setting where you are working with your teachers and your peers, your appearance should reflect who you are as a person. While some people say appearance doesn’t matter, it truly does. When walking in a job interview, a manager won’t want to hire a person wearing pajamas, but rather a person wearing business attire. Though school is definitely not a job interview, it is still a place where others will base an opinion on you based off of what you wear. That’s why I think it’s extremely important to at least look clean and polished when going to school.

I’m not saying you should never sweatpants or a sweatshirt to school ever. Even I am a victim of throwing a sweatshirt on and leaving for school if I’m in a hurry. But I do think that everyone should strive to look well dressed for most of the time they go to school. That doesn’t mean curling your hair and wearing a dress everyday, but putting on a cute blouse with a pair of leggings is just as easy! Dressing nice doesn’t mean taking a lot of time, it just means looking, well, more fashionable I guess. If you are having trouble looking for cute alternatives, have no fear! Here are some easy ways to make your outfit cuter, yet take less time.

-Leggings are my best friend. They are extremely comfortable and can still make a outfit look sophisticated and stylish. These look great on any body shape and you can pair them with literally anything. I pick leggings over jeans because they are much more comfortable and it looks like you still put in the same amount of effort.
-Beanies can turn a bad hair day into a cute, hip accessory. I know the days where your hair just can’t cooperate with you, so just put on a beanie! It covers everything right up!
-Sweatshirts don’t have to be boring sports teams or the vacation you went to last spring. They can have cute designs and styles! Stores like Loft, Banana Republic, and Express sell comfy sweatshirts that still look extremely fashionable with its intricate beading, unique stitching, and patterns. So instead of putting on a boring sweatshirt, put on a sweatshirt that has more bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment