Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Importance of Primer

I recently just had my Prom and it was truly an unforgettable night. Putting on your dream dress, taking pictures, dancing with your friends, and sharing the night with your date are just the few great things about prom night. But of course there’s always the fear that your dress is too big, the pictures don’t turn out the way you want them to, your makeup smears off, and god forbid, if your date leaves you. While I’m not sure if I can make sure your date doesn’t ditch you, I do know a solution that makes your makeup stay on all night. If you want your makeup to stay on all day and not smudge, use a primer. No, not a paint primer, but a makeup primer. Before you put on foundation, spray on a makeup setting spray or a foundation primer to ensure that your foundation can stay on all day. Before you apply your eyeshadow, be sure to first apply an eyeshadow primer to the eyeshadows can stick to your eyelids and not smudge.

 But what kind to use? My favorite foundation primer is the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. This setting spray is super easy to use, just spray it on your face 2-3 times and you are done. And since it’s a clear spray, it won’t change your foundation color in any way as well. What makes the All Nighter different from other primers is that you can also spray it on after you applied your makeup to ensure that your makeup will not budge, but also give your foundation a natural dewy finish and not a cakey, powdered finish. From my personal experience, this setting spray can make your foundation stay on day. I first spray a few spritz of the All Nighter before I apply foundation, then I conceal and powder to finish my foundation. Because some powders can make your face look extremely cakey, I then spray on All Nighter again to get a nice natural finish to your makeup. The only downside to the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray is that it is on the expensive side (costs $30), but I think it’s a much better investment than buying more foundations and powders! For eyeshadow primers, I also recommend the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This will not budge; I used it for Prom last night and my eyeshadow stayed in place even after being all hot and sweaty after the dance!


The secret to having makeup staying put all day is a good makeup primer. Test different kinds out to see which brands and types of primers work best for your skin. Once you find your favorite primer, you won’t ever have to worry about redoing or touching up your makeup because it won’t fade or smear off!

No comments:

Post a Comment